Murata announces its new wide input range, single output PQC series of industrial/medical power supplies from Murata Power Solutions. Rated at 250 watts of output power in an industry-standard open frame 3 inch x 5 inch, 1 U footprint, this high-efficiency design can deliver full power with free-air natural convection cooling up to 50°C. The PQC series features a universal AC input voltage range from 90 VAC to 264 VAC with any input from 47 Hz to 63 Hz. The highly efficient convection cooling design employs optimal thermal management and high power efficiency up to 95%.
The PQC series is currently available in 12 V, 24 V, 36 V, 48 V, and 54 V variants, each with a 5 V standby as a standard feature. Featuring remote enable, the PQC consumes less than 500 mW of power in standby mode. These power supplies can continuously deliver full output power across the wide temperature range 0°C to +50°C and up to +70°C (with derating). Where an application requires more power or redundancy, the droop current share characteristic enables two or more power supplies to operate in parallel to increase output current capability and flexibility.
PQC250 Series - ACAN-77 - Thermal Deployment
PQC250 Series - ACAN-78 - Current Sharing
- IEC60601 Ed.3 medical (2 x MOPP Pri-Sec; 1 x MOPP Pri-Chassis Ground) IEC62368 (combined IEC60950 and IEC60065)
- Features less than 500 mW standby power consumption; designed to meet ENERGY STAR® program requirements for single voltage external AC-DC power supplies
- True zero load operation of the main (V1) output; no minimum load requirements; correct PWR_OK functionality maintained
- 3" x 5" industry-standard open frame footprint
- High efficiency: up to 95.0%
- Designed to comply with IEC60601-1 4th Edition EMC standard requirements
- 250 W compact high density; operation to 250 W at +50°C
- Minimum holdup time 16 ms