ISM330DHCX MEMS Sensor Module
STMicroelectronics’ MEMS sensor module is available in a 14-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) package
STMicroelectronics' family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used to produce micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes. The ISM330DHCX is a system-in-package featuring a high-performance 3D digital accelerometer and 3D digital gyroscope tailored for Industry 4.0 applications.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
In the ISM330DHCX the sensing elements of the accelerometer and gyroscope are implemented on the same silicon die, thus guaranteeing superior stability and robustness.
The ISM330DHCX has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2 g / ±4 g / ±8 g / ±16 g and a wide angular rate range of ±125 dps / ±250 dps / ±500 dps / ±1000 dps / ±2000 dps / ±4000 dps that enable its usage in a broad range of applications.
All the design aspects and the calibration of the ISM330DHCX have been optimized to reach superior accuracy, stability, extremely low noise, and full data synchronization.
An unmatched set of embedded features (programmable FSM, FIFO, sensor hub, event decoding, and interrupts) are enablers for implementing smart and complex sensor nodes that deliver high performance at very low power.
The ISM330DHC is available in a 14-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- 3D accelerometer with selectable full scale: ±2 g / ±4 g / ±8 g / ±16 g
- 3D gyroscope with extended selectable full scale: ±125 dps / ±250 dps / ±500 dps / ±1000 dps / ±2000 dps / ±4000 dps
- Extended temperature range: -40°C to +105°C
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- SPI/I²C serial interface
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for data output of gyroscope and accelerometer (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Six-channel synchronized output
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Embedded smart FIFO up to 9 kB
- Programmable finite state machine to process data from accelerometer, gyroscope, and external sensors
- Machine learning core
- Smart embedded functions and interrupts: tilt detection, free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click, and double-click
- Embedded pedometer, step detector and counter for healthcare applications
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Industrial IoT and connected devices
- Antennas, platforms, and optical image and lens stabilization
- Robotics, drones, and industrial automation
- Navigation systems and telematics
- Vibration monitoring and compensation