Spec. No. JENF243A-0003AC-01 P.9/12
MURATA MFG.CO., LTD.
Excessive surge current (pulse current or rush current) than specified rated current applied to the product may cause a
critical failure, such as an open circuit, burnout caused by excessive temperature rise.
Please contact us in advance in case of applying the surge current.
9-2.Limitation of Applications
Please contact us before using our products for the applications listed below which require especially high reliability
for the prevention of defects which might directly cause damage to the third party's life, body or property.
(1) Aircraft equipment (6) Disaster prevention / crime prevention equipment
(2) Aerospace equipment (7) Traffic signal equipment
(3) Undersea equipment (8) Transportation equipment (vehicles,trains,ships,etc.)
(4) Power plant control equipment (9) Data-processing equipment
(5) Medical equipment (10) Applications of similar complexity and /or reliability requirements
to the applications listed in the above
This product is designed for solder mounting.
Please consult us in advance for applying other mounting method such as conductive adhesive.
10-1.Land pattern designing
• Standard land dimensions
< For BLM18 series (except BLM18P/BLM18S/BLM18K type) >
< For BLM18P/BLM18S/BLM18K type >
(A) ab c
Land pad thickness
and dimension d
18µm 35µm 70µm
0.5 to 1.5
2.2 to 2.6
1.8 to 2.0
0.7 0.7 0.7
1.7 to 2.5 1.2 0.7 0.7
3 to 4 2.4 1.2 0.7
5 to 6 6.4 3.3 1.65
BLM18SN 8 0.7 2.0 0.7 - 6.4 3.3
∗The excessive heat by land pads may cause deterioration
at joint of products with substrate.
Products can be applied to reflow and flow soldering.
Flux Use rosin-based flux, but not highly acidic flux (with chlorine content exceeding 0.2(wt)%. )
Do not use water-soluble flux.
Solder Use Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu solder
Standard thickness of solder paste : 100 µm to 200 μm
(2) Soldering conditions
• Pre-heating should be in such a way that the temperature difference between solder and ferrite surface is limited
to 150℃ max. Also cooling into solvent after soldering should be in such a way that the temperature difference
is limited to 100℃ max.
Insufficient pre-heating may cause cracks on the ferrite, resulting in the deterioration of product quality.
• Standard soldering profile and the limit soldering profile is as follows.
The excessive limit soldering conditions may cause leaching of the electrode and / or resulting
in the deterioration of product quality.
Type Soldering a b c
BLM18K type) Flow 0.7 2.2 to 2.6 0.7
Reflow 1.8 to 2.0
Chip Ferrite Bead
Chip Ferrite Bead